PUBG Developer Krafton Introduces New NFT Game OVerdare

PUBG Developer Krafton Introduces New NFT Game OVerdare

Krafton, South Korea’s gaming behemoth, renowned for its global success with PUBG, has declared its interest in the world of NFT-integrated metaverse gaming. The company’s latest initiative in that direction is Overdare.

Formerly titled “Project Migaloo,” this game is scheduled for preliminary debut in December 2023, with the full launch slated for the period between January and July 2023. Interestingly, Krafton has introduced an exclusive blockchain network, Settlus, perfectly designed for Overdare. This platform, expected to be on mobile, is highly similar to Roblox, and will harness the power of Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 5.

Krafton’s Vision For Overdare

Overdare is designed to equip developers with generative artificial intelligence (AI) instruments. This empowers them to forge diverse game categories, which range from sharpshooting to complex role-playing narratives.

Outside of the gaming sphere, Overdare will extend its offerings to the social aspect, allowing users to create customized avatars and engage in simulated interactions. An introductory trailer provides a sneak peek into this expansive virtual world.

Krafton and Overdare

Here, gamers get a chance to leverage AI tools for complex game and backdrop designs, dive into an assortment of user-spawned games, witness live musical showcases, and modify all their digital representations.

Partnership And the NFT Game Economy

At first, Krafton pulled back the curtains on the venture in collaboration with Naver Z, a company that has expertise in augmented reality (AR) technology. Nonetheless, the current equity distribution shows Krafton’s dominant 85% share in Overdare, which leaves Naver Z with a 15% stake. Overdare’s unique ‘create-to-earn’ economic model will help facilitate the player to exchange virtual in-game assets as non-fungible tokens (NFTs).

To enhance the mechanism, Naver Z and Krafton have entrusted the Settlus blockchain to govern Overdare’s in-game economic model. An added incentive for the gamers is the opportunity to accumulate returns in Coinbase and Circle’s USDC stablecoin through the Settlus blockchain, a feature shown during the Korea Blockchain Week congregation.

The Future of Overdare

The integration of NFTs and blockchain in gaming presents exciting opportunities alongside unique challenges. Krafton is proactively addressing issues like fluctuating token prices that may impact gamers. With the gaming community eagerly anticipating Overdare, it underscores the growing significance of NFTs and blockchain in gaming. For Overdare to thrive and offer users a positive experience, Krafton must effectively tackle these challenges.

Most Viewed Review

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *